For anyone interested in putting “pep” in their step, or getting back out running in preparation for the Ned Run, there’s a new jogging/running group meeting on Tuesday night at 8.30pm at Kilmore Training Grounds with Marie McArdle and Alo Grew. This “Two steps at a time” group is for everyone who wants to put their heart and “sole” into getting finished faster, and Marie and Alo will be there to encourage you along, and keep you motivated. All ages and abilities welcome.
“One step at a time” walking groups continue mornings and evenings at Kilmore Training Grounds as usual.
- Every week day evenings with Margaret the Motivator at 8.30pm.
- Up with the lark on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 7am with Pauric Duffy, and on Wednesday and Fridays with MickeyOwen and Breege.
- WAW – “Walk After Work” each Tuesday and Wednesday at 6.30pm with Kathy and Enda Bennett.
- WOW – “Walk on Wednesday” with Gloria at 3pm
- Mid summer nights walk each Tuesday and Thursday with Nuala at 9.30pm.
- Late nights and daytime walks to suit everyone, just turn up at Kilmore GAA grounds, just come along join in. Everyone welcome.
The Ned Run, 5km fun run/walk charity event will take place on Friday 3rd August 2018, in aid of local charities, Drumkill Day Centre, Tydavnet Millennium Seniors club, and Monaghan Cancer Treatment Support. The main event starts and finishes at Scotstown GAA Complex, and entry subscription is €10. There will also be shorter events for anyone who would prefer that. Recreational football finals at 7pm, followed by community barbecue and music in the bar. Registration from 7pm to 9pm on Thursday 2nd August or from 5pm on Friday 3rd August. All welcome.