The next meeting of the cross border wood turners chapter will be in Ballinode Hall (as usual on the 3rd Saturday of the month) on Saturday 21st of July 2012. After a terrific display from Margaret Garrard from Yorkshire in June, this month will be facilitated by champion turner Nick Agar from Devon. Inspired by organic forms, pottery, and his natural surroundings, Nick specialises in hollow forms, large diameter work, wall sculptures, and surface enhancement. His award-winning work often incorporates carving, weaving and metalwork. In addition to exhibiting widely and appearing at international conferences both as a demonstrator and a judge, Nick is in constant demand for commissions from collectors, his wide range of clients including HRH Prince of Wales, Dukes, Duchesses and the Royal jewellers, Aspreys. He and his work have also featured on BBC and ITV lifestyle television programmes. It’s a privilege to get demonstrators of this calibre to the Ballinode meetings. New members welcome.
- Emyvale Grand prix photos
- Geel visitors, accommodation wanted.
- Bus to Bloom garden festival
- Ballinode ICA visit An Grianán for Monaghan week
- Launch of DVD “Life in Mullan”
- “Roll up the sleeves” day in Ballinode
- Shave or Dye for Tydavnet Macra
- Ballinode Church Barbecue on June 14th
- Emyvale Grand Prix cycle race in Tydavnet
- Don’t forget Tea Day for Enable Ireland
- Ballinode Tidy Towns
- School reunion, c’mon Barratitoppy
- Blackwater Learning Centre update Wednesday 15th May 2013
- Tydavnet Group Water Scheme interruptions on Friday 17th May 2013
- Patsy Solves the Cornagilta Mystery!
- U3A update 12th May 2013
- Ballinode ICA enjoys Local Historian Brian Mc Donald speaking on townland names
- The late John Moyna, Quiglough, Ballinode
- Feast of St Dympna on 15th May
- Big day for community at Cornagilta School on Sunday 12th May