Local Councillor Paudge Connolly has welcomed the announcement of €23,974 for new playground facilities at Hollywood Park, Scotstown. The funding is as a result of a successful application by Monaghan County Council to the Department of Children and Youth Affairs, and represents 75% of the total cost. Monaghan County Council will meet the other 25% […]
The Independent Commission for the Location of Victims’ Remains (ICLVR) has said a $60,000 (€54,000) reward is being offered through an anonymous donor for information leading to the location of the final three ‘Disappeared’ victims, including Columba McVeigh. The Commission suspended a new search for the remains of Mr McVeigh at Bragan bog near Carrickroe […]
Bus from the Ballinode area heading to Bloom in the Phoenix Park on Saturday 1st June, ring 89831 to book your seat and for further information.
Lauren McClean from Ballinode is heading out to India to teach children to underprivileged children in India with Suas Educational Development, and is organising a charity fundraising night in Scotstown Complex on Friday 7th June, starting at 9pm. There’ll be lots of music – American Bluegrass and Folk, country and trad, so a great night […]
The death has taken place of Maura Caulfield, 23 St Dympna’s Terrace, Scotstown, on Tuesday 21st May, peacefully at Drumbear Lodge Nursing Home, Monaghan. Reposing at the McMahon Funeral Home, Emyvale, from 10.00am to 2.00pm, and from 5.00pm until Rosary at 10.00pm on Wednesday 22nd May, and reposing on Thursday 23rd from 2.00pm until removal at 6.15pm from the […]
Best of luck from the Tydavnet Community Games committee to all our competitors who will be competing from 24th to 26th May at National Finals in University Limerick. To their parents for their support throughout Phase 1 competitions; to the committee members who will be attending: Dolores Rafferty, Marian Boylan & Deirdre Boylan. We wish […]
Killylough FC AGM will take place on Friday 24th May at 8pm in Tydavnet Community Centre. This is a great opportunity to see how our club is run and to have your say on how things can be done going forward . We urge all players, parents and members to attend. There are a number of […]
A summer tag rugby tournament will begin at Rafeenan Rugby Club on Wednesday 26th June 2019, with the finals on 16th August. This is a great event for all ages, so everyone is welcome.
McAree Engineering, Ballinode is hosting an Information evening on the 2019 Apprenticeship Programme, on Thursday, May 23rd at 7pm at our Ballinode Factory. Why not come along and get some information about McAree Engineering, Sheet metalworking and metal fabrication, the Apprenticeship programme and a tour of the factory. To register just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your […]
Walk: The walk on Wednesday, May 22nd is to Ballybay Lough Major. Meet at McNally’s Service Station on the Cootehill Road at 10.00 a.m. The walk on Wednesday, May 29th is to Spring Grove, Roslea. Meet at Smithborough G.A.A. Car Park at 10.00 a.m. Allotments: Allotments have become available in the Pound Hill area. If […]
Beginning to use Computer, iPad/tablet or SmartPhone gadgets? 1 to 1 private lessons for all ages, from the young to the young at heart, with personalised tutoring from a qualified and experienced private teacher available in Co. Monaghan to suit your requirements, using your device, in your own home. Plan your private lessons according to your own schedule and preferences. For […]
Local artist Sheila McCarron from Killymarron, Ballinode has a painting selected for the 189th Royal Hibernian Academy’s (RHA) Annual Exhibition. The selection process is incredibly competitive; with over 2,698 artworks submitted, and only 320 were selected. The exhibition is open to the public from 21st May – Saturday 10th August 2019, in the Royal Hibernian […]
Peadar and Ann Mc Mahon, Emy, Emyvale, are hosting a tea and coffee evening at their home in Mullan Road Emyvale on Tuesday June 4th from 3pm —10pm in aid of The Gavin Glynn Foundation. 14 year old local boy Francis Balmer son of Dr Francis and Lorna Balmer, and grandson of Peter and Ann Matthews, Emyvale, […]
The Wrestling Ireland is hosting a wrestling event in Tydavnet Community Centre on Sunday June 23rd 2019. A great evening of entertainment, perfect for families, and a friendly, fun, and welcoming environment for wrestling fans of all ages. Entry on the night is €9/10, with presale tickets for €8. Discounted deals on groups of 5 or more, just ring The Wrestling Hotline […]
McAree Engineering, Ballinode is hosting an Information evening on the 2019 Apprenticeship Programme, on Thursday, May 23rd at 7pm at our Ballinode Factory. Why not come along and get some information about McAree Engineering, our Apprenticeship programme and a tour of our factory. To register just email email@example.com with your name and the number of […]